How to edit FLAC tags?
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec. It's an open royalty-free codec and audio file format. FLAC is often used to store high-quality music. Unlike MP3 or other popular lossy formats, FLAC files contain identical audio copies of the corresponding tracks. No information is lost when you convert into this format, which is why it is 'lossless'.
Similar to MP3 and other audio formats, FLAC files may contain tags. Tags are special data blocks inside a file with information like artist, title, album, year, lyrics, album art, etc.
You can add, remove, edit, download FLAC tags using mp3Tag Pro.
Step 1: Download and install the program.
Download mp3Tag Pro to your computer and start the file. Follow instructions of the setup wizard to install the FLAC editor.
Step 2: Start the program. Open a folder with FLAC.
Launch mp3Tag Pro. The main window will be shown.
On the left, there is a "Folders" area. It is similar to Windows Explorer. Select a folder containing your FLAC files.
All files from the folder will be shown in the main area on the right. mp3Tag Pro reads tags from the files and displays them directly in the list.
If you select a folder that contains FLAC files, but no files are displayed, check if the FLAC format is enabled in the "View" - "Show files" menu:
Using this menu, you can also hide file types that you do not want to process.
Step 3: Edit FLAC tags.
Let's edit our FLAC tags. As we can see on the first screenshot, our album field looks like "Time [Disc 1]", and the disc number field is empty. We would like to remove the [Disc 1] part from the album field and specify 1 as the disc number.
We can easily select all files in the folder using the green checkmark button on the right (highlighted on the first screenshot).
Now we simply enter the desired album name and disc number and click the "Save tags" button on the toolbar.
This will change FLAC tags for all selected files. The rest of the fields will not be affected (that's the meaning of the "<keep>" placeholder).
In the same way, you can edit other fields of the FLAC tags. Additionally, FLAC tags can be downloaded from the internet, extracted from filenames, imported from a CSV file, etc. mp3Tag Pro can also download lyrics and cover art for the files.
- How to add cover art to an mp3 file?
- How to rename a batch of audio files?
- How to find all songs on your PC
- How to import ID3 tags from CSV?
- How to find MP3 duplicates by sound?
- How to fix ID3 tags?
- How to export ID3 tags to MS Excel?
- How to edit FLAC tags?
- How to download FLAC lyrics for free?
- How to add track numbers to ID3 tags?
- Duplicate File Finder for Music
- How to extract MP3 tags from filenames?
- How to download MP3 lyrics for free?
- How to remove music duplicates?
- How do I find duplicates in my music collection?
- How to rename MP3 files using ID3 tags?
- What ID3 tag editor can edit WMA tags?
- How to edit AAC tags?
- How to download MP3 album art?
- How do I get ID3 tags from the Internet?
- How to download lyrics for songs?
- How do I tag MP3 files with ID3 data using filenames?
- How do I sort MP3 files? I want to organize my music collection.
- How to keep track of my borrowed music albums?
- How to make a catalog of my music collection using album barcodes?
- How to get the biography of an artist?
- How to manage my music collection on a Dune HD media player?
- How to organize my music collection?
- How do I organize my music collection?
- How do I remove duplicates on my computer?
- How to create a playlist?
- Media Catalog Studio 4.5 review
Ask our expert
- How to get quick updates on movies by director?
- How to convert multiple MIDI files into an MP3?
- How to rotate videos?
- How to convert WMA to WAV?
- How to play MIDIs on an iPhone?
- How to split an audio file into equal parts?
- How to split m4b audiobooks into chapters for free?
- How to convert videos for You Tube?
- How to get quick updates on new video games?
- How to add cover art to an mp3 file?
- All-In-One Jukebox
- Audio CD Burners
- Audio CD Rippers
- Audio Converters
- Audio Editors
- Audio Players
- Developers Kit
- DJ Tools
- DVD Rippers
- DVD Tools
- Flash Tools
- iPod Tools
- Karaoke Software
- Mac OS Tools
- Midi Tools