How to convert MKV to DVD?
Of course, it is not possible to turn a piece of information on your HDD into an optical disc, but you can convert an MKV file into the file structure known as DVD video. This structure can be without any further changes burned to an empty DVD disc and played back in any DVD or Blu-ray player.
We will use AVS Video Converter to convert MKV to DVD.
Step 1: Download and install the program.
Download AVS Video Converter to your computer and start the file. Follow instructions of the setup wizard to install the video converter.
Step 2: Start the program. Open MKV.
Launch AVS Video Converter. In its main window, find the "Browse" button on the right:
Click the button. A usual "Open file" dialog will pop up:
Find and select your MKV video file, then click "Open".
Step 3: Convert MKV to DVD.
AVS Video Converter will analyze and add your MKV file to its "Input File Name" list:
Now, on the toolbar of the program, find and click "To DVD" (1). You can find this button on the "Formats" tab.
Make sure that a suitable path is shown in the "Output File Name" field (2). You can edit the path manually or click the "Browse..." button next to this field to select a different folder.
Finally, click the "Convert Now!" button in the lower right corner (3) to convert your MKV to DVD.
In the "Profile" field, the currently selected DVD profile is shown. Using the high quality profile, we can burn up to 60 minutes of video to a usual DVD (single layer). If our MKV is longer than that, we need a different profile (or a double-layer recordable DVD). Just click the field to access the available profiles:
Select a suitable profile ("Standard Play" is good for most purposes) and click "Convert Now!" to convert MKV to DVD.
The free trial version of AVS Video Converter adds a logo to all converted files. If you like the software, you can register it and remove all limitations.
- How to convert video for Android?
- How to convert MKV to DVD?
- How to convert TS to AVI?
- How to convert AVI to WMV?
- How to convert AVI to FLV?
- How to convert MKV to MP4?
- How to convert DVD to MKV?
- How to convert MKV to AVI?
- How do I convert to DVD?
- How to convert DVD to MP4?
- How to convert MOV to AVI?
- How to convert AVI to MOV?
- How to convert RM to AVI?
- How to convert MP4 to AVI?
- How to merge video files?
- How do I convert AVI to PSP format?
- How do I convert VOB to MP4?
- How do I convert AVI to 3GP?
- How do I convert WMV to AVI?
- How do I convert video to flash?
- How do I convert AVI to MP4?
- ConvertMovie 4.0 review
- Imtoo 3GP Video Converter 3.1 review
- How to convert a video file into the 3GP format?
- Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter 2.1 review
- Videozilla review
- How do I convert MTS to AVI?
Ask our expert
- How to convert M4A to WAV for free?
- How to convert FLAC to WAV?
- How to join WAV files?
- Convert M4b to MP3 and cut by chapters
- How to convert MIDI to sheet music?
- How to import ID3 tags from CSV?
- How to convert RM to MP3?
- How to find MP3 duplicates by sound?
- Easy MP3 Joiner 5.0 - Merge Your Audio Easily
- How to fix ID3 tags?
- All-In-One Jukebox
- Audio CD Burners
- Audio CD Rippers
- Audio Converters
- Audio Editors
- Audio Players
- Developers Kit
- DJ Tools
- DVD Rippers
- DVD Tools
- Flash Tools
- iPod Tools
- Karaoke Software
- Mac OS Tools
- Midi Tools
- Mobile Ringtone Tools